Friday 21 September 2012

Zucchini cookies

Made 2 different kinds of zucchini loaves and wanted something a little different with my final zucchini baking adventure of the year, so I went with a cookie recipe.  I had never heard of such a thing, but the recipe called for cinnamon and cloves so I figured it couldn't be too bad...  Sure am glad I decided to try it out, 'cause they are yummy, and reasonably healthy (when compared to other cookies that is..) so you don't feel too bad eating them!

What you will need;

1/2 cup margarine
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 cup grated zucchini
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup raisins

2-3 cookies sheets
parchment paper (I have been a recent convert, I used to bake with aluminum wrap but find nothing sticks to parchment paper...)
Time... This recipe is recommended to sit for at least 1 hour prior to baking, so I prepared the dough while the loaves were cooking the day prior




















Cream butter and sugar.  Add egg and zucchini.  Combine dry ingredients; flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves.  Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.  Fold in raisins.  Let sit for at least one hour. (mine were in the fridge for almost 24 hours and turned out amazing!)  Pre heat oven at 375 F.  Roll 1 inch balls of cookie dough and flatten on cookie sheets to 1/2 " height.  Place cookies approximately1.5- 2" apart. (they did not expand while baking) Bake for 8-10 mins.  Cool, then enjoy!























I really enjoy the flavour of these cookies, and will be definitely be making them again.  One thing I would change (if schools were not nut free), is that I would add either some pecans or walnuts, but they were just fine without them.  They were a nice change to the typical zucchini recipe.

Original recipe found here




No comments:

Post a Comment